Considering a Retirement Community?
Are you or a loved one considering a retirement community, but are confused about the various alternatives?
Perhaps you would prefer to age at home but question whether it is practical and feel that exploring all of your options is a sensible exercise. If so, then you have chosen the right place to start by picking up this book!
Based specifically on popular questions author and noted expert on retirement communities Brad Breeding has received from older Americans and their adult children, “What’s the Deal with Retirement Communities?” is designed to be the first step in your research process - providing answers in a simple and concise fashion.
In this book you will learn what you need to know about the retirement living landscape, including:
- The importance of planning ahead for the later phases of retirement
- What must you consider when deciding between at-home care and a community?
- What defines a retirement community?
- How to distinguish one type of retirement community from another
- The relationship between retirement communities and long-term care services
- What does long-term care cost?
- Payment and contract structures for retirement communities
Congratulations on taking the first step in planning for your future retirement living and health care needs! This book includes a full list of resources to help you decide if a retirement community is right for you or a loved one, and how to find the right one!