Have you always wanted to write a book? Or do you have a book already written and just don’t know how to get it published?
Self-publishing is being talked about everywhere these days. You’ve heard about successful authors, such as E.L. James the writer of Fifty Shades of Grey, who have made millions of dollars and gained worldwide attention self-publishing. How can you imitate her success?
In What’s the Deal with Self-Publishing, experienced publisher Karen Hodges Miller, the founder and CEO of Open Door Publications, an independent publishing company which helps authors write, publish and promote their books, takes you through the basics of self-publishing today.
- The difference between traditional publishing and self-publishing
- How to choose the type of publishing which is right for you and your book
- Why you need a creative team and how to put one together
- How to attract readers – not just buyers – to your book
- Why you need reviews and how to ask for them
- How to use social media to reach readers who want your book
- How to price your book for the most sales
What’s the Deal with Self-Publishing is designed to be the first step in your publishing process, providing answers first-time authors need to know. Congratulations on taking the first step in joining the ranks of published authors. This book includes a full list of resources to help you to publish your book.